Please Join Us...
Schedule of Classes and Events
We invite you to join us for an inspiring day of herbal education and fun! We are thrilled to have many of Vermont's best herbal teachers gathered to offer classes and herb walks in support of raising money for VCIH community herbal clinics throughout VT. The festival is taking place at beautiful Dreaming Mountain which boast 3 swimming ponds, lush gardens and forest trails. Bring your notebooks, a few friends, a picnic lunch, your bathing suit and dancing shoes- see you there!!
- 11:00 am : Welcome and Keynote
Herbal Health Care in Vermont; a Growing Need
- 11:30 am : VCIH Founders Presentation
Herbal Medicine on the Ground
VCIH is a model for providing consensus-driven, community-based herbal education and healthcare. Through a slide-show and short presentation, co-founders and directors Betzy, Larken and Guido will share their vision for getting plants into people's daily lives in Vermont and beyond.
- 12:00-1:15 pm : Session 1
Making & Using Flower Essences For Physical and Spiritual Healing
Herbal Extraction From Basic Tincture-Making to the Alchemical Art of Spirit Distillation
Progressive Sharecropping Tiny Houses the Gardeneer Concept and the Destination CSA
Herbal Digestive Remedies
- 1:15-2:15 pm Lunch Break : Please bring your own picnic lunch (no lunch food available).
- 2:15-3:30 pm : Session 2
Heart-ache and Spirit-pain Differentiating Herbs for Psycho-Spiritual-Emotional Healing
Growing & Processing Medicinal Herbs For Home & Market in the Northeast
Juggling the Legendary 4 Elements of Geometry Towards a Useful Universal Language
- 3:45-5 pm : Session 3
Treating the Five Spirits Chinese Medicine and Western Herbs
Aromatherapy The Art and Science of Creating Health and Balance with Essential Oils
- 5:00-6:30 pm Herbal Artisan Market
- 6:00-12 pm Cocktails & Benefit Dinner
Organic Dinner by Wood Belly Pizza Included with Ticket
Cocktails by Urban Moonshine and Craft Beer by Trapp Family Brewing (CASH ONLY)
Music by Nickle B & Disco Phantom
Bonfire & swimming!
What to bring:
- Chair! All seating for classes is on the ground: please bring meditation cushion or your favorite camping or folding chair to stay comfortable!
- Picnic Lunch! There will be no food available on site for lunch! The artisans and the pizza do not become available til after the conference ends!
- Cash! For the Herbal Artisan Market and cash bar during dinner and dancing!
- Towel and Swimsuit! Sunscreen, hat and bug spray!
Accommodations & Lodging Nearby:
- There are limited cabins and rooms available at Dreaming Mountain, please contact them directly for details: http://www.dreamingmountain.com/rentals.html 802-635-9078
- For a list of nearby camping, motels, and inns, please click here: UM Herbal Festival-nearby Accommodations
Directions to Dreaming MountainView in Google Maps
- From North of Johnson: Head south on 100S. Turn right onto Ober Hill Rd about 3 miles south of Eden. Drive 1.8 miles and turn right on Fox Lot Road. Dreaming Mountain is about 1 mile up on the left.
- From West of Johnson: Head east on 15E into Johnson. Turn left onto VT-100C N. Drive 3.3 miles and take a sight left onto Ober Hill Rd. Drive 1.0 miles and take a left onto Fox Lot Road. Dreaming Mountain is about 1 mile up on the left.
- From East of Johnson: Head west on 15W through Morrisville. Turn right onto VT-100 N. Drive 5.7 miles. Turn left onto Mudgett Hill Road. Drive 0.8 miles and turn left onto Ober Hill Road. Drive 0.7 miles and take the 2nd right onto Fox Lot Rd. Dreaming Mountain is about 1 mile up on the left.